Destitute but loved......continues……



Raymond was just one of those who seem to be too religious for my liking, we barely talk or greet except for the usual ‘hello’ as neighbours. He stood by my side when I wasn’t conscious enough to acknowledge my surrounding. 
Gradually, I became conscious of my environment but noticed he was always saying things I wasn’t ready to listen to. One day, I asked him where I was, and why he was sitting by my bedside. He took his time to explain how he heard a loud sound from my flat (which was gotten for me by one of my ally who later dumped me because he couldn’t stand the rate at which I was messing up my life with drugs) as he was on his way out on that day; he intended to ask if things were alright when he saw me lying unconsciously on the floor. The rest of the story was known to me.

I appreciated his kindness but I needed to take a sip of my usual which he vehemently refuse to help me get. At that moment a doctor came in to check on me, Raymond answered for me like he was in me to know what I was thinking. Few minutes later, he left with the doctor, at the door he said;”I’ll be back before you bat an eyelid”. He came back just as he promised carrying packs of goodies except for what I was dying to get’, he also brought me changing clothes from my room!
What! You entered my room? A smile was his way of response, well; I only smiled back since I couldn’t control what was happening around me at that moment. 

I could not believe what was happening; I mean, this was a man who knew me inside out, he needed not to be told because I never tried to hide who I really was, I cared less about what people say about me. I was bad, I mean real bad! Yet he cared to come close, not minding what his chums would say.

After two weeks of convalescing, I was in good shape to go home. Before then, Raymond did not stop being at my side whenever he returns from work. He took me home when I was finally discharged from the hospital. He made sure I got all I needed except for drugs and alcohols.
He re-opened his talk about the love of God to me and all the blah! Blah!! Blah!!! I never  tried to discourage him from talking about 'his' Jesus, within me; I wasn’t convinced. I was sure in no time he would give up, I was so disappointed to know that Raymond was never going to give up on me.

After three years, I started seeing sense in what he was saying about God, all the while, he helped me get over my bad habits which were not so easy to give up. In a way to still let him know I was finding it difficult to cope since he wouldn’t let me play the whore that I use to be, I tried several times to lure him but he was not going to let that happen!

He came straight to my flat after work one evening; it was my birthday! He was looking so quiet and calm that I became worried and eager to know if anything was wrong with him. At that very moment, it became so clear to me that for a man who cared so much to save my life from drugs, sex, alcohol and hell, yet did not take advantage of my frailty; deserved to be shown some love. I was at a point whereby I could do anything to make him happy, I mean “I was in love with him”. While pestering to know why he was so quiet he asked if I would like to go out,without hesitating, I obliged.

He then took me out to a luxury looking restaurant to celebrate my birthday with me. I was given the privilege to order the meal and drinks for both of us. We were nibbling on our dessert, when he asked me to close my eyes that he had a surprise for me. I obeyed but was a bit taken aback.


Minutes later I opened my eyes to see Raymond on one knee with a ring in his hand, softly he said, “I have been waiting for this moment a long time ago,please,will you be wife? because I know I will be incomplete without you in my life" 
at first I thought I was dreaming, I have never envisage this coming so soon…… I was too happy to say a word, just nodded and we hugged as tears rolled down my eyes……..

                                                   **************

I knew I didn’t deserve what I was getting but God loved me so much to save and crown me, not minding who I was.
We have being happily married for eight years now and the Lord has blessed us with two beautiful kids, Ray (Jnr) and Pearl.

You see, that is how the love of God works.He loved me so much as take me from the miry clay and set me upon the rock, If he did it for me,He can do it for anybody though, everyone may not be so lucky to survive what I survived, that's why I'll like to tell you that doing drugs is not the best, it’s not good for anyone’s health; playing the whore is also very dangerous, according to the word of God in Rom 12:1b (‘that ye present your body as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service’.) another aspect is the surge of AIDS out there. 

All you need to do is to open the gate of your heart to the Lord and allow Him in and He will set you free from anything you are going through. 



By Janey........

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Never stop Moving...

When Peace and freedom becomes what you really need to breathe for…